When is FreeCon?
FreeCon 16 will be held from Saturday, February 29 through Sunday, March 1. On Saturday, FreeCon starts at 10:00 AM and ends at 10:00 PM. On Sunday, FreeCon starts at 10:00 AM and ends at 6:00 PM.
Are there any Cosplay restrictions I should be aware of?
1. No weapons, regardless if they are real or fake.
2. No body paint, glitter, or fake blood. (Fake blood & paint on the face are the only exceptions).
3. Walking canes are allowed as an accommodation.
4. “Light props” are permitted, which means props that aren’t considered a weapon, such as flowers, a skateboard, or a fan. Staffs, unsheathed lightsabers, and bats are all considered weapons. If you wish to carry a toy lightsaber on your person, it must be sheathed at all times. It’s your responsibility to contact us about whether your prop is allowed or not.
5. Props considered weapons will be temporarily confiscated. They will be returned to you when you leave the convention by checking with a staff or volunteer.
How do I get to FreeCon?
The address you can use for finding the convention is 874 Traditions Way, Tallahassee, FL, 32306. Once there, we recommend that you park in Traditions Garage, which is connected to the Student Services Building (SSB). Parking on Florida State University’s campus is free and open to everyone during the weekend.
What do I do when I arrive at FreeCon?
When you arrive, please check-in at one of the Registration tables in either the Student Services Building (SSB) or the Center for Global Engagement (The Globe). You will go to a line designated for day of registration or pre-registration check-in. If you are cosplaying you will be checked for cosplay restrictions. You will have to sign a liability waiver and then receive a wristband.
Where can I find the Events schedule and Maps?
Once event locations are finalized, our staff will add the schedule and maps under the “Events” tab.
What are the hours for the Dealer's Room?
The Dealer’s Room is open to the public at 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM on Saturday, February 29th and 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM on Sunday, March 1st.
How to become a Vendor, Artist, Panelist, or Special Guest at FreeCon?
Under the “Registration” tab, please select the application for the position you want and apply. Instructions for each application are included on the corresponding forms.
How can I help FreeCon?
We could use all the volunteers and donations we can get! If you wish to volunteer, the sign-up form can be found under the “Registration” tab. If you wish to donate you can contribute to our Indiegogo for rewards or donate without rewards by contacting us at: email@example.com. If you wish to donate prizes we can use for our contests, please contact us via the previously mentioned email address. You can also share us and our indiegogo on social media!
How come FreeCon isn't at X location?
Due to the construction of the new FSU Student Union and the budget restrictions that come with running a free convention, the space FreeCon can utilize is restricted. Once the new Student Union is finished, we intend to host future conventions there.